Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Update price for support
Update price for support

5452 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-16 13:45:03

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-07-08 01:49:31

Its been two months since you where thinking of lowering the price of updates

Any progress on price setting

Between the law suits, the disabled  functions ,the price of updates and people getting frustrated

with no real back up  of operating system and vehicle software for operation  if system crashes

We need support and Autel to step up to the plate and take responsibility for their product

I just saw a os update for my 908pro on day and gone the next

phoned support  and they remotely checked  my unit and now I get the message

that  I am    responsible if this unit screws up a car if I use there software,  THE DISCLAIMER

This really leaves a lot to be desired

I like my 908 but somedays I wonder what I am doing hanging on to this thing

I find it hard these days to find true value in any products no matter where they come from

I hope autel starts to plug the leaks they have in there boat so that we all can stay afloat

I feel that since the lawsuits that I am more doubtful of my diagnostics and the tool and

unfortunately I reach for other tools.

Sorry for the long winded and heart felt opinion but I am at my wits end and also

near the end of my subscripton and if this unit stops working just after my sub ends

it will be the most expensive scanner I have ever own for 3 year of my 32 year career as a technician

on a positive note after two years of complants and data logging the ford evap test finally  I think works

Tried it on a 2010 F150 and passed without condemming FTP sensor ford ver. 6.50

Need to try on a before and after repair to verify

Thanks

Jim

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-08 14:30:41 (Reply to:Jim)

A)  IS the Ford Power Balance functional and working properly yet, without tethering a USB cable from tablet to VCI ?
    B)  Is the Ford PATS key programming  functional or not?
    C) Are  replacement  internal Lith-Ion batteries , available for sale in the USA yet , and how much $  ?
    D) Has anybody done a software backup within their update period that they had to reinstall their backup software after expiration  and the backup software actually worked for them after expiration?
    E)  For the proposal to reduce update costs for MS 908 Pro owners, has Autel considered the option of being able to downgrade MS908 Pro and Elite to a regular MS 908 and just forgo  the Server access to BMW and Mercedes programming?
    F)  For the proposal to reduce update costs (Other than the driver for a HDMI port and a larger screen) the MS908 and MS905 have identical software, so  what justifies the $300 greater cost to update a MS908 versus a MS905?
    H) As far as the trust factor goes with Autel J2534 device for OE subscription based programming any expensive new modules other than do at your own risk occasional salvage yard PCM or TCM, has Autel been able to get it's Maxi Flash Pro  on a Verified list of any OE manufacturers yet?
    I)  Has Autel even considered selling a Maxi Sys guaranteed software back up thumb drive as a just small extra cost item so if the software ever crashes and you need to get back to work fast , you have  a Genuine NO BS Software Backup?

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-07-08 15:30:12 (Reply to:witsend)

i stopped  updating   4 of my autel products  over a year ago.  and i will never update them again.   

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-08 17:01:33 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Unless I start hearing about progress  a lot of the past software issues being resolved soon  and the question about whether a MaxiSys software backup during free update period will actually work when needed after folk are expired , get worried after reading posts  about people's software quitting shortly after their expiration. I can't justify any benefit to upgrading from a DS 708 to a Maxi Sys platform, when I soon will  have to think about  newer car coverage than 2013.
       Looks like I have to just keep DS708 as is , and get another brand scan tool or maybe just get a rock bottom priced MS905, make a software backup out of the box and just leave it as is unregistered  and un updated forever if vehicle software is already  Pre installed and working.

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    lfdorries

2016-07-27 00:55:46

I went to use mine the other day. It won't work now. First it had a screen pop up that sub failure. 
    Then today I get this message. Serial number of ds708 recorded in sd card is not matched with ds708
    Got on line with their tech support. All I wanted was a good operating system that I could reinstall on my sd card. I figured it was probably at fault. 
    Their response was that I had to buy their updates for $695. I didn't want the updates. Just want my $1500 brick t work again. 
    I am so pissed off at not having any help from them

Worse is I just bought the latest version from them for the shop. Now I wish I had gone with another manufacturer. Because if this same thing happens to the one that just cost a small fortune for our small shop. I will be the bad person for suggesting to get it !

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-07-27 01:08:00 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
     What autel product do you have and are all still working after your sub ran out

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-07-27 01:24:30 (Reply to:lfdorries)

my sub is done aug 10 and have never had an issue other than what autel causes and I caused doing a backup of OSwhich did not work

So there is no reason for my 908 Pro to stop,unless there is something going  on from autels  side

I would renew my sub but they give no indication of any price reduction on updates that they where considering

No info on backup other than save scan file 

As one has commented before,the only people that have access to my scanner is AUTEL and ME

So if my scanner software(authorization fails)I know it wont be me and that leaves you know who

I have been told this unit still works when sub runs out

We will see if still works or if I have to see a lawyer

Stay tuned

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-07-27 10:57:32 (Reply to:Jim)

Hello my subscription ran out over a year ago. I Stopped updating before the "new" system update. My tool has not had any issues. I turned off the wifi cause I have other access. I don't want any unauthorized access to my tool. I can still load  the early versions of software and run my most current versions on the same tool. Yes I don't have 2016 cars but who cares. The old system was stable and worked for me. I have an update card for the ms905 that I will not use. Will sell for $400 if anyone is interested. Still like my tool just wish it was going in the right direction for updates. Btw I have never had to use cable for ford balance test . Works on everything I have tried it on. Pats still there and functional. Yes with old system version you can share vehicle software from one tool to another. This is not to say it is without problems. Just works for me. Good luck

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane

2016-09-02 15:47:10 (Reply to:Jim)

I AM FILING A LAWSUIT OVER ALL THIS AGAINST AUTEL, IM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT WANT ON BOARD, I STARTED A THREAD (MAXIDAS IS GARBAGE) I WOUD LIKE TO GET AS MUCH INPUT AS I CAN FROM OTHER USERS. PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO STATE YOUR ISSUES THERE. WE SHOULD BE GETTING ARE MONEY BACK FROM THESE THIEFS!

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane

2016-09-02 15:49:54 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

I STARTED A THREAD MAXIDAS IS GARBAGE, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO POST YOUR ISSUES THERE, IM GOING TO SUE AUTEL AND WOULD LOVE THE REST OF THERE CUSTOMERS TO DO THE SAME! WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ILLEGAL!
  Total2 Pages